So Edward being in hospital for antibiotics for a suspected infection is bookending this term.
Whether it is the same infection that he's had for the first four months of his life or something completely unrelated we'll never know. That was a 'suspected infection' and this is too without any positive test results to diagnose.
Two weeks ago I started my food diary as I'd been holding off; not wanting to go poop/diet crazy. It may still be diet causing all these problems but it seems less and less likely as I cut more things out and he sees more doctors. What I do know is that I'm going to try and remain vigilant about his poop observations and my diet records, whilst trying to not get too hung up on things.
He had a positive poop test for Klebsiella back in September which we were told to treat with Protectis. And his poop problems that we put down to food intolerance. Since then his symptoms haven't really improved (mucus stools and occasionally blood) despite the change in my diet (no dairy, then no eggs and soya and now no tomatoes, cabbage or potatoes). We've done two other poop tests on Edward and tests for Leila and I and all have been negative but docs still think an infection is the likely culprit.
Yesterday he became and inpatient at the hospital and they did blood and urine samples but we had to wait nearly 24hr from admission for him to do a poop for them to test!
His poop if off for testing now and although some results will be back today, it'll be after Christmas for the main result. Nevertheless the docs have started him on a course of oral antibiotics. We'll stay in another 24hrs for monitoring and then will head home xmas eve.
Mixed emotions. The bookending just highlights what a tough term this has been for us all and I'm amazed we all got through. Being discharged on Xmas eve is going to be a strange feeling too. It's also tough to be a split family unit once more, but we know we'll be back together soon and that this is Just temporary and is for the best in the long run and should lead to a merrier xmas for us all.
Hopefully this will work and allow you to eat a more varied diet :-) xxx
ReplyDelete