Why do just one major life event at a time? After six years in Cairo, we moved to Bucharest in summer 2014 with our toddler in tow to take up a new job. Oh, and we were expecting our second child to arrive any minute!
The name for the blog is unashamedly lifted from the collection of short stories called "Never Mind The Balkans, Here's Romania" by Mike Orsmby.
Saturday, 23 May 2015
EUROVISION!
Our kiddies with their 'music ears' on watching the Family Show from our great seats!
Dad and daughter
Lights!
Bro and Sis
With an hour to go, I can officially reveal that Eurovision this year is superb. And the staging of the UK entry is great! No spoilers I promise, but the opening is brilliant, and the halftime act is one of the most engaging in a long time. Enjoy!
Arriving at Vienna airport
Arriving at the venue - Leila 'no photo' Allsop
In our seats! With the silver suit
Our flags!
Leila 'no photo' Allsop is not yet convinced by it all. Edward is asleep. Mum and Dad are happy though!
The stage. Edward is asleep....
Leila with her Rock Star t-shirt, dancing skirt, Romanian flag and the dress that Conchita wore last year!
Having been up since 5am and watching Eurovision twice in one day, I just can't stay awake for the voting. So...good luck Romania and the UK (though sadly I doubt either of you will win). And to everyone staying up for it, enjoy watching history and geopolitics unfold before your eyes! I'm guessing Serbia, Russia, Sweden, Italy in the top 5 with Estonia as my fingers-crossed hopeful to join them.
No comments:
Post a Comment