Poor Leila - she'll look back at this blog and find we're writing about her poo! But it was a big day in our potty training journey, so I wanted to blog.... Leila did a poo in the potty for only the second time AND she did two poos in the toilet!
Leila's potty training has been going pretty well since we got back to Bucharest at the end of July. About two weeks ago I'd say that she was nearly there with wees - she would sometimes start a wee and then realise that she needed to stop and go to the loo. I was worried that this would go downhill slightly starting school - as there are so many distractions there - but actually she has got better! She's come home in the same knickers every day!
Our stumbling block however has been poos. We've done this in stages - allowing her to poo in her nappy but she must stand near the toilet/potty first, then moving on to getting her to sit on the potty with her nappy on to do her poo, then with the nappy still on but the straps undone. We got stuck at this point though and only once or twice did I manage to get her to poo on the potty but onto a wipe. However since going to school she's got more confident. Last night she did a poo on the potty with no nothing and this evening I find her sitting on the actual toilet (!) doing a poo on there!!!
I am totally regretting not buying a kids toilet seat to help her use the toilet itself. I thought this was extra faff as we have three pottys so don't need any more paraphernalia, but since starting school (where they have kiddie toilets) she wants to use our big toilet.
Leila's potty training has been going pretty well since we got back to Bucharest at the end of July. About two weeks ago I'd say that she was nearly there with wees - she would sometimes start a wee and then realise that she needed to stop and go to the loo. I was worried that this would go downhill slightly starting school - as there are so many distractions there - but actually she has got better! She's come home in the same knickers every day!
Our stumbling block however has been poos. We've done this in stages - allowing her to poo in her nappy but she must stand near the toilet/potty first, then moving on to getting her to sit on the potty with her nappy on to do her poo, then with the nappy still on but the straps undone. We got stuck at this point though and only once or twice did I manage to get her to poo on the potty but onto a wipe. However since going to school she's got more confident. Last night she did a poo on the potty with no nothing and this evening I find her sitting on the actual toilet (!) doing a poo on there!!!
I am totally regretting not buying a kids toilet seat to help her use the toilet itself. I thought this was extra faff as we have three pottys so don't need any more paraphernalia, but since starting school (where they have kiddie toilets) she wants to use our big toilet.
No comments:
Post a Comment