Since sorting E's British birth certificate about a year ago, I haven't really set myself any huge logistical challenges it feels, so maybe it was about time one came along....
Scotty ordered some t-shirts to be delivered from the states and for some reason instead of being delivered to school he got a note saying they were at the post office.
The note said that to collect them you would need a tax code and passport and certification etc etc. So I did some reading online and it seems that 'yes' the Romanian postal system is the bureaucratic.
I thought I would try my luck though and so went along on Monday to the Pipera Volutnari post office with just my passport in an attempt to collect the package. It turns out that it wasn't there - leaving it at the local post office would be too straight forward. It was downtown. It was south of downtown. It was further that we've traveled in Bucharest before....
So if I was having to travel an hour across town and ptentially queue forever, I wasn't going to take any chances. I took both our passports, Scotty's original work contract, CNP and a letter of authoriation (including translation) on headed paper.
 |
We took the bus. Edward saw diggers. He loved it! |
 |
| We found the right place. Apparently. |
The Post Office look abandoned, but there was a small window into the back room where a lady grabbed by chitty off me and then told me to turn to the right. There was a closed door and a few other blokes standing around. So I stood and then about two minutes later someone called out "Allsop" so I went through.
I said the whole "I don't speak Romanian" and smiled nicely - hoping that Edward was doing the same. They asked for my passport and my signature.....and nothing else!
 |
| Success! |
Whilst we were all that way from home I thought we'd may as well explore. So we found the nearby park which it turns out is also pretty big and pretty pretty. We climbed a hill and saw dogs, cats and a horse!
 |
| E just loves textures |
 |
| A walk with my boy |
 |
| Horse! |
 |
| Mum-son selfie |
 |
| The view :-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment