Today was Sport's Day and we were all very excited!
Leila was given her 'red' t-shirt at school a few days ago and the first thing she did when I picked her up at the gate was pull her bag off, open it up and get out her t-shirt to show me. She was so excited to be 'red' like daddy that she put it on straight away (over her hoodie!)
School obviously prepped the kids for Sport's Day but we also did our bit by reading Peppa Pig's Sport's Day and Peppa Pig's School Bus Trip. On the day itself I dropped Leila to school so that she would be with her class to take the bus to the stadium. Edward and I then walked home and drove up in the car.
This was the 'biggest' drive I've done really - in terms of distance and speed as most of it was straight up the #1 past the airport and to Snagov. It went fine really - plying E with snacks to make sure he didn't try and get a sneaky nap. I did have a real panic at one point when I was convinced I should have already seen the turning and so pulled in to check my directions. I decided that I would take the next turning anyway - and it turned out to have a small street sign saying "Olympic Road" so I guessed I was on the right track!
Because of the set-up I couldn't see much of Leila - they were doing small sports activities in their house teams in the middle of the track. But it was fun to try and catch glimpses and to chat to other parents watching. We were blessed with a glorious day, but I felt totally unprepared - having forgot Edward's hat and to reapply Leila's sun-cream!
Scotty was assigned to work on the track results but managed to grab a few minutes to see Leila compete.
When it was Leila's turn to race, it felt like the men's 100m final as it was to be the last track race of the morning! Her class had waited patiently and then it was their turn to run. Mr Jonathan prepped them and then blue his whistle for them to run!!! Leila seemed to do a fast walk but she had a brilliant time and loved her 3rd place sticker.
After her race she was done for the day, so Edward and I got her and we all got in the car to go home.
Edward slept on the way home, but Leila played her game. In the afternoon after a little rest watching TV we 'played' Sport's Day and recreated some of running and jumping events she had done. This was a lot of fun - and a real insight into what actually happened as Leila pretended to be the teacher telling us how to do each activity!!!
Leila was given her 'red' t-shirt at school a few days ago and the first thing she did when I picked her up at the gate was pull her bag off, open it up and get out her t-shirt to show me. She was so excited to be 'red' like daddy that she put it on straight away (over her hoodie!)
School obviously prepped the kids for Sport's Day but we also did our bit by reading Peppa Pig's Sport's Day and Peppa Pig's School Bus Trip. On the day itself I dropped Leila to school so that she would be with her class to take the bus to the stadium. Edward and I then walked home and drove up in the car.
This was the 'biggest' drive I've done really - in terms of distance and speed as most of it was straight up the #1 past the airport and to Snagov. It went fine really - plying E with snacks to make sure he didn't try and get a sneaky nap. I did have a real panic at one point when I was convinced I should have already seen the turning and so pulled in to check my directions. I decided that I would take the next turning anyway - and it turned out to have a small street sign saying "Olympic Road" so I guessed I was on the right track!
Because of the set-up I couldn't see much of Leila - they were doing small sports activities in their house teams in the middle of the track. But it was fun to try and catch glimpses and to chat to other parents watching. We were blessed with a glorious day, but I felt totally unprepared - having forgot Edward's hat and to reapply Leila's sun-cream!
Scotty was assigned to work on the track results but managed to grab a few minutes to see Leila compete.
When it was Leila's turn to race, it felt like the men's 100m final as it was to be the last track race of the morning! Her class had waited patiently and then it was their turn to run. Mr Jonathan prepped them and then blue his whistle for them to run!!! Leila seemed to do a fast walk but she had a brilliant time and loved her 3rd place sticker.
After her race she was done for the day, so Edward and I got her and we all got in the car to go home.
Edward slept on the way home, but Leila played her game. In the afternoon after a little rest watching TV we 'played' Sport's Day and recreated some of running and jumping events she had done. This was a lot of fun - and a real insight into what actually happened as Leila pretended to be the teacher telling us how to do each activity!!!
![]() |
| Leila's class wait for their turn on the track |
![]() |
| Leila dribbling the ball for a House Point |
![]() |
| Get Set.... |
![]() |
| Go! |




No comments:
Post a Comment