So after having a spate of bad nights, things seem to have shifted to daytime.
Edward has always taken a while to go down at night but it seems like the last fortnight have been particularly bad. Either he takes forever to settle and by the time he's properly asleep and I get downstairs Scott is ready for bed. Or he settles soon after our 7.30 target but then needs constant resettling throughout the evening. Or I'm so tired at the end of the day that I fall asleep with him and wake up ehen Scott has gone or is about to go to bed. I'm sure part of this is my own doing what with co-sleeping and feeding Edward to sleep, but we both got a cold recently so he's been pretty snuffly on his front.
During this time though we've had generally good daytimes, with a long morning nap and then shorter naps/feefing in the afternoon (I've given up trying to get their naps to coincide!)
But then it was all change! Edward finally had a good evening (so good that we actually watched 30 minutes of telly!) And then the daytime started to fall apart. With no playgroup this week I've been winging it rather and today was another improv morning.
We're bout to head out to the mall to get Edwards passport photo printed and buy a birthday present for a party on Saturday when...Edward was sick all over me and sling (just as I'd managed to convince Leila to get her shoes on of course). Sling and clothes in the wash (Leila climbing inyo buggy already) then can't het him comfy in the Ergo sling so swap to the Baba sling. Out of the door but then to negotiate the steps off the terrace with Leila, buggy, rubbish and recycling! At the mall we manage to get our jobs done but Edward is really unsettled and so does not sleep well. Thank goodness we manage to get a cab despite the rain when we leave.
Oh well you can't have everything I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment