Edward is waving!
Well.... More like flapping his arms when someone arrives, leaves or he is trying to get attention. We interpret this as waving and start manically flapping our hands up and down at him in return. It's very sweet how excited he gets about things. For example he can go crazy with flapping/waving and wriggling to get out of my arms when he sees Scott in the morning or coming home from work.
Edward also goes slightly bonkers about food too. He is really loving his food and we're trying to be more adventurous with what we are giving him, whilst not introducing too many new things at once as a few weeks ago his rash randomly flared up again on his chest. At meal times though he is leaning out of his chair towards me (don't touch me with your hummous hands, Edward!) and squeaking until I give him whatever it is I have on my plate. So a few days ago I had to give in and he had cherry tomatoes. It sounds silly, but we were concerned about them as Leila got a really bad rash around her mouth after having tomatoes and her bottom too. I tried to keep wiping his mouth clean of the acidic juice and he did come out in a bit of a red rash, but not as bad as Leila's. With it being summer season now he's had watermelon (loved it!), cherries (slightly bemused) and apricots (enjoys) and porridge is a favourite at breakfast time. Today Leila and I made banana cakes (banana loaf recipe but put into cupcake cases) and he had this too (I only added a small amount of sugar to the mashed banana, oil and flour). Here's hoping that we will have a summer of new foods for him - and me too!
Well.... More like flapping his arms when someone arrives, leaves or he is trying to get attention. We interpret this as waving and start manically flapping our hands up and down at him in return. It's very sweet how excited he gets about things. For example he can go crazy with flapping/waving and wriggling to get out of my arms when he sees Scott in the morning or coming home from work.
Edward also goes slightly bonkers about food too. He is really loving his food and we're trying to be more adventurous with what we are giving him, whilst not introducing too many new things at once as a few weeks ago his rash randomly flared up again on his chest. At meal times though he is leaning out of his chair towards me (don't touch me with your hummous hands, Edward!) and squeaking until I give him whatever it is I have on my plate. So a few days ago I had to give in and he had cherry tomatoes. It sounds silly, but we were concerned about them as Leila got a really bad rash around her mouth after having tomatoes and her bottom too. I tried to keep wiping his mouth clean of the acidic juice and he did come out in a bit of a red rash, but not as bad as Leila's. With it being summer season now he's had watermelon (loved it!), cherries (slightly bemused) and apricots (enjoys) and porridge is a favourite at breakfast time. Today Leila and I made banana cakes (banana loaf recipe but put into cupcake cases) and he had this too (I only added a small amount of sugar to the mashed banana, oil and flour). Here's hoping that we will have a summer of new foods for him - and me too!
No comments:
Post a Comment