Friday, 29 August 2014

Hospital visits

As Edward still has a few days to go on his antibiotics we decided that I would discharge myself today and come home. It was a tough decision to make and getting into the taxi to go home without Edward was hard, but we know that it is the right thing to do.

Edward will still have antibiotics over the weekend and so we will not be able to take him home until the start of next week, and as he is in the high Dependency part of the Neonatal unit I can only visit him a few times a day for 10 minutes at a time. I can be at home with Scott, Leila and Granny and pump there, rather than sit all day in a hospital room and pump. There is a chance that they might let me breastfeed Edward directly soon, but we don't know if/when that will happen so coming home and then visiting twice a day to deliver milk and have a short visit seems the best idea.

When I go into the hospital now I always try and take a photo of Edward (as during the daytime visits I am on my own and so can then send the picture to Scott). Here is my favourite picture as Edward looks so old in it and his eyes are open.


During this evening visit Edward was crying and so we asked the nurse if we'd be able to pick him up and hold him (What Shall We Do WithTthe Boo-Hoo Baby?).  As he's close to finishing his course of antibiotics she said that we could and so Scott picked him up and had his first cuddle in over a week which was lovely.  I then had a cuddle too and Scott was able to get a quick photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment