Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Od Wod

Yesterday, without prompting, Leila nearly called Edward "Edward".  It came out of the blue that she is really trying to get closer to pronouncing his name properly, and it was a real delight for us.
Since birth she has called him "Od Od" but what was different about yesterday was that she was trying to get a "w" sound and make the two syllables sound different.

She used his name properly again today when we were at Inspe playgroup. It was very cute, as she said "Cimre (the girl's name she was talking to). Leila brofa Odwod look" What made it more cute, of course, was that she was introducing him as her brother.

Good day: We had a great ten minutes of 'music time' after tea today. Scott was playing  the 'dancing song' and Leila was dancing (almost skipping rather than running) around the living room and around the tables. For one of the songs I held Edward almost standing on the floor and they danced together with her holding his hands and wiggling his arms about.  He loved it and was giggling away!

Bad day: We think Edward has ringworm.  As I got him out of the bath I noticed a small circle of raised/rough skin on his thigh and Scott took a look at it too.  I'll take him to the Dr and pharmacist tomorrow though to get it checked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment