We have all survived two long days. Long for Scotty as they have been production days and he has done two full days if rehearsal (and one of teaching) followed by two nights of show. Long for me as I've had to put the kids to bed myself for two nights. Combined with the usual tiredness 8n our part, some sleep training for Edward and a horrible cold for Scott.
Yesterday was pretty busy in the day (Inspe, lunch, nap, dr) and with tea being a little late it was soon time fir bed. Leila was pretty good - a little light hearted cheekiness, but nothing too gringy or annoying. I got bathtime bits together with Leilas help and Edward in my arms, then ran the bath and plonked Leila in first. I then put E in fir a bit but he was just tired so he got out pretty quickly whikst L had a bit l8nger. With E in his pjs I got L out, dry(ish!), in nappy and pjs and teeth brushed. Thn we all went to Ls room for stories whilst E fed. He was happy to play a bit on the story bed when it came to Ls bedtime cudle and songs which was lucky. I then did some final boob for E and tried to put him down sleepy but awake.
I had done cio for the first time with E during his afternoon nap as he was clearly tired but not settling on me (boob or sleeoy shoulder). It obviously wasn't nice to do but after three visits to reassure him he fell asleep. He needed two visits that eveningas I put him to bed (and one cio during the night) and during naps today he neded one. So hopefully this will get him on track for better going down at nap time and longer nighttime sleeps.
Today was a little harder to fill as we had no playgroups. We did manage a morning walk (and short sling nap for E) follwd by three lovely skypes. E managed one long nap over lunch and one shorter one late afternoon (tag team7ng with L meaning I didn't have a break from them). After he woke we skyped nanny, but he was pretty gringy the whole time for some reason. L saved her gringy until teatime when she decided she didn't want chicken but meat instead - luckily I could conjure up some in the mwave. At bathtime we had the added task of Es new creams but coped. I think E enjoyed storytime (he hardly fed but kept looking up at all the different voices!) But was great going fown himself.
Here is the state of the l7ving room afterplaying eith nearly every toy today!!
No comments:
Post a Comment