Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Nectarine crumble

I made nectarine crumble today!
Anca brought round a load of nectarines for us from their garden at the weekend and so I wanted to use them before they went bad.  I tried to get Leila to help making it during Edward's nap and she did help a bit with the rubbing, but wasn't all that interested really.
The recipe I followed wasn't great for measurements and I should have tried to be more flexible really as I could tell the 'crumble' wasn't working out (they had a mixture of volume measurements and of weights, which meant when I trebled the amounts it didn't look right).  Anyway I kept going as it was an experiment.
The crumble was too floury, but Scott and I went ahead with eating it to set a good example to the kiddies.  Leila had a bit - and even said that she liked the crumble!  Edward wolfed it down!

What was hilarious though was when Scott said to me "it's just all flour" and Leila replied "don't be silly Daddy. It's not all flour. It's flour, and butter, and sugar and oats and nectarines!"

No comments:

Post a Comment