Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Staycation - second ten days

I can't believe that we are back into the swing of work in a week's time!  It seems to have all gone rather quickly now and we're running out of time to do things.

What have we been up to?


With the weather still being so good (well, too hot really, but we can't complain can we?!) we've been to the park twice this week.  The first was our day trip to Mogosoia which is about 20 min from ours the other side of the ring road.  It was a great trip as the park is large and very open.  Scott was hoping to find the old Lenin statue there, but it turns out it was removed five years ago and all our guidebooks are too old! We wandered around the gardens first and then stopped for a picnic lunch. This was the first time we've done a picnic with the kids and it seemed to work! We're hoping that this bodes well for Leila eating a packed lunch at school.  Our second park trip was a little more local, to Casa Alba. Leila enjoys playing there still and loves the climbing spider webb as she just loves climbing.  We've also made it our 'thing' to explore a bit in the woods. We found a tree with a smiley face painted on it and nicknamed this the Midnight Tree.  Our woodland exploring has led us all the way to the side access road!  One trip was with Jo and her kids and we also bumped into Erika and Josh - funny that mums are starting to form networks again ready for the stat of the year.




This morning Scott really needed to catch up on work and so I took the kiddies out. Edward wasn't napping at home, and I hoped he would nap on the bus but he didn't. We ended up at Kiseleff park for a play and then wandered onto the Peasant Museum who were hosting a craft/antique market. What made this a landmark trip, in a way, was that Leila was wearing knickers the whole time and we didn't have an accident (we went to McDonald's for lunch so that she could wee in the loo there), and that when we were at the park Leila went off to play by herself rather than waiting for me and making me follow her.





Anca came over on Sunday morning with Anastasia. It turns out that Edward is not alone in struggling to go down to nap in the morning!  I struggled for about 40 min today and Anca abandoned her nap! Age, stage, weather - who knows. I am learning that I am more flexible with Edward, than I was with Leila, but at the same time we're trying to be flexible during the day, but end up at the same bedtime. It was lovely to play around the house and in the garden and Anca brought us a bag full of nectarines from their garden!



On Monday I managed to organise a bit of a playdate at the soft play at Jolie Ville.  Jo came along with her two kids, and Catherine came with her boys who we haven't seen all summer. It was good to catch up and Leila is getting confident now with playing without me there.  Edward is too - he went off on a real wander by himself!

I had my first Romanian driving lesson. I already have my licence - have done for nearly 15 years - but have very little confidence in actually driving and so have never really driven.  It was a good lesson though and Gabi said I was 'OK'.  I will go out with him another few times to get some practice and confidence before I take our car out (and take our kiddies out in our car).

And in the evenings we have recently started work on a new 'project'.  I've been working a while on my Buch Moms database, but now Scott is helping me with some website design and we're both getting stuck into it.  Great for me and hopefully will lead to something, and Scott is enjoying it even though it is taking him away from his other work.

It sounds rather dull, but on Monday our morning activity was a trip to Kaufland - a supermarket we hadn't been to before!  Because we have the car now we feel that we can do these random things - and because we have the time during the hol we figure we may as well explore now and then know if it's worthwhile once term starts up.  It turns out that Kaufland is owned by the same people as Lidl, so it;s basically a massive Lidl. Awesome. We got a bunch of stuff there and will def be going back - even though it is a bit of a drive.

We managed a quick skype with Fabs, Seth and Granny before tea. After tea Edward walked for about ten minutes without stopping it seemed! I think he was fuelled by the homemade watermelon lollies he was carrying! This evening Edward made the shift in his ratio of crawling to walking!

Today we had a play date with Sofia.  It was nice to have Sarah and Andy around, although even though the ratio of adults to children should be in our favour it felt like we all spent the time running around after them.. Leila was not in a great mood and this soon rubbed off on Sofia.  Anyway - we all just about survived the day and we'll do a return trip soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment