Sunday, 28 February 2016

Adventures downtown (well - outside of Pipera at least)

So on Friday, and again today, we went downtown....well to Kisaleff, which is a lot further than we normally go (considering that we only leave the Iancu Nicolea road area to go to Baneasa normally!!!)

On Friday it was the first day of the Martisor Market at the Peasant Museum which I was super excited about as I loved going last year - it was a real eye-opener to the cool things taking place in the city and really gave me confidence that we can go out with two kids!!! This year though I went with Edward on the Friday morning as I knew it would be quieter than the weekend and an old friend, Andy, from Roehampton was randomly in town at a conference to we had arranged to meet up.

It was really nice to catch up with Andy - we've both got two kiddies now so our lives have moved on so much, but it was reassuring that we could pick up where we left of it seemed. I really hope we manage to get together with him and Liz and their kids this summer.


After a coffee we had a wander around the Martisor Market (where a bunch of my other mum friends joined us) and bought some charms.  I chose a 'covrig' one for Leila and a tractor one for Edward!  :-)

Afterwards we then went to the park to run off some energy with the kiddies before driving home with Jo.  Edward didn't get far in to the park though before he become waylaid....





It wasn't outside of Pipera, but it was still an adventure on Friday.  After school we went to Starbucks for a coffee treat with Silvia and Sara (their post-sickness treat for us!) but then we had to take the car to the garage to get the tire fixed.  Scott had taken the kids to the park on Wednesday whilst I was tutoring and had noticed that one of the tires was pretty flat!  I didn't know how to communicate what work I needed done beyond just gesturing at the tire, nor how long it would take, but thankfully this didn't matter as they were great there and it was all done within about 20 mins!


I think Leila and Edward quite enjoyed the experience of the garage and Leila was good too with the noise (not that it was that noisy, but she really doesn't like loud noises).

Saturday was a drizzly day and so our adventures only took us as far as the forest (for a run - quite adventurous still I guess) and Lidl (via muddy puddles).

Sunday morning and I had arranged to go out with Lucy and her girls.  We decided to go to the Natural History Museum at Piata Victoriei and as Jo had driven me there on Friday I felt that the drive would be very do-able.  And luckily at 9.30am on a Sunday morning (!) it was!  It did involve taking the #1, then a tunnel under the Charles de Gualle roundabout, going around the Arc de Triumph and finally parking up along Kisaleffe. On the way back though, as Kisaleffe is one-way I needed to go around the huge car park / parade ground that is Piata Victoriei itself!  I managed to find the right turning off it (with only a few road markings) although I was in the wrong lane and needed to switch on pulling away from the lights.  Another few lane switches and we made it home in one piece!

After the museum we did another trip to the park but this time I steered Edward away from the rides.  Leila was a little reluctant at first to go on the big slides (not surprising really), but in the end was so enamored by Evie going on them that she followed her and loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment