Today was another one of 'those days' that leave you feeling drained and desperately trying to repeat the mantra of "this too will pass"
Like on Thursday, Edward decided that today he only wanted to do short naps.
Of course though he decided this when we were in the middle of shopping for Christmas trees at a homewear store 30-mins cab ride from home! He was OK at first in the sling, but then got super-gringy and I couldn't find anywhere good to sit (I dismissed KFC as there was literally nothing there I wanted to eat or drink and couldn't stomach the thought of the smell there whilst I bf-ed and drank a water), so we ended up in the sofa section having our snack and a play!
Maybe we should have abandoned the trip after the taxi driver took us to the wrong mall (!), but we thought it was best to get the tree sorted this weekend and know that next weekend we had the long weekend to ourselves.
The trouble with short naps from Edward isn't just that I worry he hasn't had enough sleep, nor that it means I am constantly feeding him (as the eat, sleep, wake cycle is obviously running shorter), but it just means that I am constantly thinking about both Edward and Leila and this is just so tiring. When Edward has a long morning nap I can think about Leila and we can do something together. Then in the afternoon during her nap it is OK that Edward is awake or having shorter naps as I just have him to focus on.
We got his final nap during a short walk out this afternoon. We didn't go far; just into the 'meadow' (or 'former meadow') where Leila splashed around in her wellies a bit and we pulled our coats round ourselves tightly whilst watching for dog poo! It was nice though and Leila does enjoy running around outside so I am glad that we have the space to do it safely in.
Tomorrow is another day. Just five more days though and then we have a long weekend. We're looking forward to this not just because we have an extra day all together, but because it is National Day and apparently there is a military parade downtown. Cool!
Like on Thursday, Edward decided that today he only wanted to do short naps.
Of course though he decided this when we were in the middle of shopping for Christmas trees at a homewear store 30-mins cab ride from home! He was OK at first in the sling, but then got super-gringy and I couldn't find anywhere good to sit (I dismissed KFC as there was literally nothing there I wanted to eat or drink and couldn't stomach the thought of the smell there whilst I bf-ed and drank a water), so we ended up in the sofa section having our snack and a play!
Maybe we should have abandoned the trip after the taxi driver took us to the wrong mall (!), but we thought it was best to get the tree sorted this weekend and know that next weekend we had the long weekend to ourselves.
The trouble with short naps from Edward isn't just that I worry he hasn't had enough sleep, nor that it means I am constantly feeding him (as the eat, sleep, wake cycle is obviously running shorter), but it just means that I am constantly thinking about both Edward and Leila and this is just so tiring. When Edward has a long morning nap I can think about Leila and we can do something together. Then in the afternoon during her nap it is OK that Edward is awake or having shorter naps as I just have him to focus on.
We got his final nap during a short walk out this afternoon. We didn't go far; just into the 'meadow' (or 'former meadow') where Leila splashed around in her wellies a bit and we pulled our coats round ourselves tightly whilst watching for dog poo! It was nice though and Leila does enjoy running around outside so I am glad that we have the space to do it safely in.
Tomorrow is another day. Just five more days though and then we have a long weekend. We're looking forward to this not just because we have an extra day all together, but because it is National Day and apparently there is a military parade downtown. Cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment