Tuesday, 25 November 2014

(Another) One of those days (again)

So Edward only wanted to take short naps today (after managing a long nap yesterday on our trip to the Post Office via the Maxi Taxi and play centre on the Pipera-Tunari road). This meant that he woke up pretty much as we arrived at InSPE playgroup. He was pretty good while we were there (as was Leila!) and fell asleep during the outside playtime at the end. I hoped that this would lead to a longer second nap.

But alas he woke up as I was paying for our shopping at Jolie Ville. I'd only stopped off there because I needed some change, but ended up using all my change to pay as I couldn't for the life of me remember my pin number!

Then Leila got gringy on the way home as she was cold.  As was Edward. So I ended up carrying them both.

Then I tried to get Edward to nap in his cot, but he just did a massive poo instead. Which had flecks of blood in.  Poor, poor boy. This is the second time this week when we have seen flecks of blood and mucous again so I have made an appointment for tomorrow with the doctor.

Despite forward planning and defrosting soup for lunch this was a fiasco too.  The soup tasted 'off' and I'm really not sure how this is possible (as I made the soup, had a serving at the time and then froze the rest).  I ended up throwing it in the bin and Leila and I just had bread and cheese (nothing else in). Lunch was also disturbed by the fact that Edward then decided that he was so tired he would fall asleep so I needed to leave the table to put him to bed.

By the time Leila was asleep and I got downstairs to start making tea Edward woke up.

The only positive of the afternoon was that I did manage to get tea made.  It was a stew.  But the recipe I followed wasn't a great one and I'm out of practice (not made a stew for aaaages) so the meat was too tough and Leila didn't want to eat any at tea time.

Oh, and then Leila woke up after only an hour nap because she was too hot (despite only wearing a vest to bed!).  I tried giving her some water and she tried to go back to sleep but couldn't.

And Scott's day was cruddy too as he had a full timetable and reports to write. Also with Leila not eating well all day I'll bet she'll be up in the night.


Lessons learnt?  No winter duvet at nap time (we're having to take all Leila's clothes off and she's still too hot under it during the day).  Need to get Edward sleeping in a cot in the afternoons - if he's only going to do half an hour anyway, then may as well get him to try and do it in the cot. Just because I can get dinner on the table, doesn't mean I should!

More haste, less speed! These things will all pass.

Oh and then another half an hour on the phone to Bupa because they have AGAIN paid me the money that they were meant to pay to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment